In 1912, French engineer Georges Claude installed the world’s first neon sign above a barbershop in Paris. His vibrant, tubular lights soon adorned the storefronts of small businesses around the world and symbolized the entrepreneurial drive that formed the backbone of their communities. Today, the spirit of “Main Street” is more resilient than ever. It can be found in urban cities and rural towns, bookstores and coffee shops, boutiques, and restaurants. It’s one of the many things that make our homes feel special. And it’s worth preserving.
The Blackwing 6 celebrates independent businesses and their entrepreneurial spirit. Each set comes with six neon red and six neon blue pencils inspired by the iconic neon “Open” sign. Each pencil features a black ferrule, black imprint, and soft graphite. The number 6 is a nod to the six Noble Gases which give neon lights their distinct colors.
- Limited edition 6, released December 2020
- Set of 12 pencils, 6 neon blue, 6 neon red
- Crafted from responsibly sourced incense cedar wood
- Rectangular eraser that can be extended and replaced after use
- 20.1cm/7.9in long, 7.8mm diameter